Tuesday, September 13, 2011

THIS WEEK'S EATS

I will try to do a weekly blog of what I ate the previous week. When I use a recipe from another source, I will link it. As nerdy as it is, a chart is the easiest way to track it all...It also limits my food rambling.

I do have one thing to add, however. Even before the diet, I had become slightly obsessed with making my own salad dressing. Two reasons: (1) I hate (yes, hate) eating the same flavors all the time; (2) Michael HATES (yes, really hates) when I buy a bottle of salad dressing, use it once, and let it sit in the fridge until small creatures grow in it.

So, I make my own. I use these prep cups (thanks Mom). They are a single use size, have a lid for easy shakin', and are clear, which gives you a better idea for "measurements." I put measurements in quotations because I don't really measure anything. I have a couple of simple rules, though...First, always use more vinegar than olive oil. It is healthier and taste better. Two, always use quality and fresh olive oil. It DOES expire. Second, honey makes everything taste better. AND it is SCD legal. Third: make, shake, taste, and modify. Throw in some vinegar. If you have good friends like mine that buy you yummy ones, use that. If not, my go to is a nice balsamic or a red wine vinegar. Throw in some salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. Not garlic powder. Now get creative. Mustard. Honey. Lemon juice. Fresh herbs. The possibilities are endless. Shake it up. Taste it. If it is horrible, add some more honey or olive oil to tame the acidity. If it is really horrible, pour it out (and don't tell Michael) and start over. You'll get it right eventually!


WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 5, 2011

DAY

BREAKFAST

LUNCH

SNACK

DINNER

MONDAY

HOLIDAY

HOLIDAY

HOLIDAY

HOLIDAY

TUESDAY

N/A

Panera cobb salad w/homemade honey mustard vin.

N/A

Cauliflower soup[1]

Peach and goat cheese salad w/ (bacon!) and lemon white balsamic vin.

WEDNESDAY

½ orange

Chipotle steak salad

LARABAR

Salmon w/spicy pineapple salsa[2]

THURSDAY

N/A

Salad w/chix, gorgonzola, almonds, tomatoes, cucumbers

Olives, cheese, proscuitto

Steak w/smoked paprika butter[3], mushroom & roasted red pepper salad (whole foods)

FRIDAY

Cup of watermelon

Panera cobb w/homemade fig balsalmic

N/A

Chix breast stuffed with prosciutto, goat cheese, figs, and rosemary

Salad w/almonds, goat cheese, and fig balsamic

SATURDAY

N/A

Omlet with bacon, jalapeno, and goat

Pineapple

Prosciutto and Melon

Flank steak

Melon, fig, prosciutto, basil salad

Cauliflower mash

SUNDAY

N/A

Chorizo scramble from Nectar

Fruit

N/A

Ginger salad

Hot and sour soup

Chicken Red Curry from Ruthai

MONDAY

N/A

Salad with chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers

1 cup watermelon

Homemade chili

Cucumber and tomato salad with red wine vinegar and olive oil

Homemade LARABAR

Chili

N/A

Pork chop with apples and raisins sautéed in 1tsp butter, apple cider, splash of bourbon

Sour kraut

No comments:

Post a Comment